Wednesday 31 March 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is "Paranormalcy", by Kiersten White. Here is the description from Goodreads.

"Sixteen-year-old Evie's job is bagging and tagging paranormals. Possessing the strange ability to see through their glamours, she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency. But when someone--or something--starts taking out the vamps, werewolves, and other odd beasties she's worked hard to help become productive members of society, she's got to figure it out before they all disappear and the world becomes utterly normal.

Normal is so overrated".

Firstly, how gorgeous is the cover art?! Secondly, Kiersten is a lovely lady who makes me laugh when I read her blog, especially "ARC adventures" and if you don't know about the saga of the missing ARC's then YOU'RE missing out and you need to click here immediately and check it out. I'm really looking forward to reading this book as I think the premise is quite original. I can't imagine my world without some paranormal in it! I recently entered an impromptu contest ran by Kiersten on Twitter and whilst I didn't win (I may have come a close second) that's OK because there will be more contests to win ARC's in the future. Failing that, I am DEFINITELY buying the book and now I have promised to buy Heidi R Kling a copy since I got her excited to read it too (and to say thank you for her offer of assistance during the contest). I will honour my promise!

Paranormalcy is officially released into the world on 21st September, 2010 and there will be two sequels! Kiersten has an official website (as well as her blog) and you can visit by clicking here. Kiersten is also on Facebook and Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. I can’t wait for this one either. I adore the cover and the synopsis sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete