Friday 19 March 2010

Author Appreciation Week (day 5)

As I'm sure you all know by now (especially if you follow a lot of blogs) it's Author Appreciation Week! This idea was originally thought up by the very lovely and hilarious Heidi R. Kling, debut author of "Sea". The idea is to blog each day this week about an author you love and explain why you love them.

Today I have chosen Richelle Mead, author of the Vampire Academy books and also some adult titles. I have to admit that I have only read the first Vampire Academy book so far but boy did it make an impression! As some of you may know, I reviewed the book on my blog and I got the chance to meet the lady herself when she turned up at my local Waterstones book shop! What I love about Vampire Academy is that it's very different from other books involving vampires and boarding schools. I like the mythology Richelle incorporates into her novels and I almost feel like humans are trying to fit in to the vampire's world rather than the other way around. Click here to read my review of Vampire Academy.

"Blood Promise", the fourth Vampire Academy book, is out now and I just happened to be giving away a SIGNED copy of it, together with a cute book bag. Click here to enter. "Spirit Bound", the fifth book, will be published in May.

I have not yet read any of Richelle's adult titles but I'd like to and have added them to the TBR pile!


2 comments:

  1. i absolutely LOVE that you'd never heard of any of these authors you've put in for AAW untill you met me. which is awesome and kinda makes me feel good. :) while sometimes i think i've created a UF monster, most of the time i'm just happy that i have a friend thats as excited about the genre as me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing me to Claudia Gray and Jeaniene Frost's books as I absolutely LOVE them! I had of course heard of a little author called Stephenie Meyer before I met you as it was her books that kick started my love for YA fiction. And of course, I already knew Maggie Stiefvater as we met through her! But yes you've introduced me to some great books and for that I thank you :) I'm glad we're on the same page (ha ha)

    ReplyDelete