Wednesday 17 March 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is "Shade" by the supercool Jeri Smith-Ready. Jeri has written lots of books including the popular Wicked Game, Bad to the Bone, Eyes of Crow, Voice of Crow, The Reawakened and Requiem for the Devil. Shade is her first YA release.

Here is a short excerpt from Shade (this is posted on Jeri's website):

"Like everyone born after the shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost."

After reading that, can you HONESTLY tell me you don't want to read this book?! The first chapter is floating around on the internet somewhere and after I read it, I was so thirsty for more! I'm aching to read this book and as I'm on an ARC tour, hopefully I won't have very much longer to wait. I suspect that I will devour this book in a day. I have to admit at this point that whilst I have a couple of Jeri's books, I've not yet read anything she has written. But rest assured, she comes highly recommended by my best book pal. I'm really excited to read this book and become a fan of her writing, as I'm already a fan of the lady herself!

Shade is released in the UK and US on 4th May 2010. I will be pre-ordering my copy next month! You can find Jeri on Facebook and Twitter. She also has a website and you can visit her by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment