Wednesday 3 March 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. I've decided to participate in this and so on my very first Waiting on Wednesday post I've decided to choose Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia.

Amazon.com has this description:

"Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams and soon discovers that her crush has an eight-point star etched into the palm of this right hand - the mark of an angel. But where there is light, dark follows, and she and Garreth suddenly find themselves vulnerable to a dark angel's malicious plan that could threaten not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows. Divinely woven together, Angel Star takes readers on a reflective journey when one Angel's sacrifice collides with another angel's vicious ambition in a way that is sure to have readers searching for their own willpower".

I can't tell you how much I am DYING to read this book but it's not released until 18th May in the USA and hopefully the same date in the UK too (it's not yet showing on Amazon). I would URGE you to check this book out people! I am obviously trying to get my hands on a copy and will be reading and reviewing it AS SOON AS IT COMES THROUGH THE DOOR! There is a facebook fan page and also one on Goodreads. Jennifer is very accessible and answers all the questions left on the Goodreads fanclub. You can also follow her on Twitter.

4 comments:

  1. I got an email from Jen to say the book has been sent, so the UK tour starts pretty soon!! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fantastic news Carla! There are so many books I'm dying to read and this is one of them! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m Reading Angel Star and I’m so HAPPY with the story. For me as a reader I’m finally reading about angels that have a great structure and fantastic word building. With other “angels” books I was feeling that the angel theme was there because of the hype of mortal & immortal relationship but with Angel Start is about a great ARC storyline.


    Peace

    Michelle
    http://windowpane-memoirs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, you're a lucky girl to have the book in your hands already! I'm loving the angel theme that's trending in YA fiction at the moment and I feel Angel star is going to be special. I knew it when I first read the synopsis! Look forward to reading a review on your site (after I've written mine of course) :P

    ReplyDelete