Wednesday 19 December 2012

Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Reboot by Amy Tintera. Here's the synopsis:

Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).

Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.

The perfect soldier is done taking orders.

Can I just say WOW,  THIS BOOK SOUNDS AWESOME and look at the cover - it looks like a movie poster!  I'm so excited to read this book that this is one of my top ten on the wishlist and one that I'm going to be lusting after until release date.  I'm so excited about it that I'm pre-ordering it immediately and I would do just about anything to read it NOW. 

Reboot is published on 7th May, 2013 with no information about a UK release.   

5 comments:

  1. I think this book sounds really cool too-love the sound of all that action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want it! That cover seriously has me wanting it completely without consideration of content.

    ReplyDelete