Monday 10 December 2012

Letterbox Love (#32)

As always, Letterbox Love is a weekly feature that I'm hosting on the blog and basically, the idea came out of a discussion with other UK book bloggers about the need to do a weekly meme with more of a British feel to it. Therefore, Letterbox Love was born and the logo was lovingly designed by Dark Readers. Letterbox Love is a way for us to share the books that come through our letterbox, galleys and e books (through our electronic letterbox) and any other bookish goodies that we want to tell you about. Letterbox Love is intended to showcase upcoming books and build up some excitement for them as well as let you know what is available out there. It is not about competing with other bloggers or boasting of any kind (c'mon, we're British and we don't do drama!)

Sorry this is a day late but yesterday I spent the day with my boyfriend and we went to see Skyfall at the cinema which by the way was very good!  

Review Books


The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
I am VERY excited about this book.  It sounds a bit like the movie The Island, only Eva is fully aware of what she is and I'm excited to see how that all pans out.

Level Two by Lenore Appelhans
I am so, so proud to hold this book in my hands as it comes from the very wonderful Lenore Appelhans, fellow book blogger from Presenting Lenore.  I couldn't believe it when I found out that she'd got a major book deal and I couldn't be more pleased for her.  The book sounds awesome and right up my street, I can't wait to read it!

Hidden Among us by Katy Moran 
Honestly, I'm not sure about this book.  It's based on folklore and features elves which makes me think of faeries and that makes me nervous. I'll probably wait for some reviews before deciding whether or not to read this one.

OMG! Is this actually my life? by Rae Earl
I LOVE this title but the protagonist is only fourteen and it all sounds a bit young for my tastes. 


Thank you publishers!!


Books Bought


Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
I wasn't planning on getting this one until I found out that it was actually a take on the Peter Pan story and the narrator is Tinkerbell.  SAY WHAT? OH YES.  Also, a friend and fellow book blogger couldn't stop raving about it and ultimately, it was she that made me press the buy it now button.


EBooks
Temptation's Heat by Michelle Zink (Bought)
I hate to admit it but I've never read a book written by Michelle Zink although I do have some on the shelves! I bought this because it's an adult novella and has a great blurb from Cora Carmack (author of Losing It).  It's a paranormal romance and I'm definitely intrigued.

Finding Chase by Lacey Weatherford
After having my heart ripped out with book one, Chasing Nikki, I'm back for more as I simply have to know what happened next.
 

Back To You by Priscilla Glenn (Bought)
This is a debut novel and it was recommended by an author I trust.  I'm not sure if you can classify it as New Adult or Adult but I have a feeling it's going to be an emotional rollercoaster!

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Bought)
Y'all have to know by now how much I love this series and pretty much anything Jennifer writes.  OF COURSE I had to get this, especially when I knew it was being released early!  I've actually just finished reading it and all I can say is OMG THAT ENDING!

Ruining Me by Nicole Reed (Bought)
A New Adult book that was recommended to me.  I like the idea of a girl and three guys from her past, present and possible future being there when it all goes to hell in a handbasket for her.  

Weighted by Ciara Knight (Bought)
A futuristic world and a girl with a gift.  Sounds good to me but I'm concerned that it's only about 30 or so pages long.  I forget why I bought this, it must have been recommended or free or something. 

Just For Now by Abbi Glines (Bought)
This is part of the Sea Breeze series which I haven't started yet but I read a snippet from this book and it was SMEXY with a capital S. 

The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines (Bought)
I read The Vincent Boys a while ago now, which I still haven't reviewed yet as ANOTHER version came out and now I have to read it again...anyway...at the time, I really wanted to read the sequel but it had been taken off Amazon due to the fact that they were going to be published.  All of a sudden, it came back up and I downloaded it and then I remembered that I probably shouldn't have as there will be ANOTHER version of it with 10,000 extra words and steamy scenes so I'm holding off and then downloading it all over again *sigh*.

Unwrap Me by Samantha Spencer and Carolina Jordan (Free)
This is a novella, it's romance, it's Christmasy, what's not to like?!

Pen Name: How to Create Yours by Jennifer Blanchard (Free)
I'll be honest and say that I got this one because it was about writing and it was free. 

Coming Home by Laurie Breton (Free)
Incidentally, this has the same book cover as Back To You (which I've only just noticed). To be honest, I thought it was another book but as it was free, I might just give it a go.

I've decided to stop feeling guilty about my ebooks obsession now, especially as the books ARE cheaper than getting a hard copy of them.  I hope you've all had a great week for books and please leave your links.

7 comments:

  1. Well jealous of you getting a copy of Level Two, it sounds like such a good book. Tiger Lily is meant to be quite good from what I've heard
    My post covers all the books from the last month while I had no internet :)
    http://www.midnightfantasybookreviews.com/2012/12/in-my-letterbox-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to start reading it! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. I really want to read The Lost Girl and Tiger Lily.

    Hope you love Level 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, so weird about those two books having the same cover. Awkward!

      Delete
    2. They do sound pretty good, I have to say!

      Delete
  3. Lynsey! I'm so, so thrilled that LEVEL 2 is finally in your hands! Thanks for the kind words *tears up*

    ReplyDelete