Wednesday 12 January 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford. Here is the Goodreads description:

"Eden didn’t expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.

Yeah.

So long happily-ever-after.

Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.

She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else’s game. Her heart is her own.

And that’s only the beginning of the end."

YES, it's another angel book but that's ok because I'm an angel girl and so I have to read it ;) Initially, I was thinking that this was going to be another "Hush Hush" or another "Fallen" but it turns out it's not and here's why. Eden, the main character, DIES early on in the book and is literally thrown into another world. So already it's different! And I love the way she is portrayed as a strong, gutsy girl who isn't going to be pushed around. Also, it comes highly recommended by Victoria Schwab (Author of The Near Witch, 2011) and I trust her judgement. The good news is, there isn't that much longer to wait for this one as it comes out 22nd February. HURRAH. What are you waiting on?

5 comments:

  1. Well, there's another book to put in my TBR pile when it is published! ^_~

    Btw, I'm a new follower ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angels seem really popular in 2011. I'm happy XD I will definitely look out for this one. Great pick for WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive had this one of my wishlist for a while now. Good pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my WOW a little while back. It sounds great! Awesome WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you all want to read this! ME TOO! ;)

    ReplyDelete