Wednesday 15 August 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

 
"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Altered by Jennifer Rush. Here's the synopsis:

When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them.

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away
.

OK, let's start with the cover.  A lot of people (myself included) have complained about the sheer amount of YA book covers featuring pretty models in floaty dresses that tells us nothing about the story.  I'd just like to go on record as saying I HAVE NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER with half naked guys being on covers (but only if it correlates with the story).  WOW, I love this cover so much!  Not only because of the hot guy but I love the trees/veins covering him and I'm guessing this is relevant in some way.  

Now for the inside of the book.  I love the concept and I'm desperate to find out who these guys are, what's happened to them and what's going to happen next!  I'm so excited to read this that I've pre ordered a hardback of it.  The French and German rights have been sold so I'm guessing (read: hoping) that it's only a matter of time before the UK rights are sold.  Fingers crossed!

Altered is published on 2nd January, 2013.

2 comments:

  1. i can't wait for this book. gr08 wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, I have info for you, as I already read this one (my review will go up in a few days.

    First off, the cover DOES fit the book. There are four sexy dudes, one of whom has a tattoo of birch trees on his back.

    Second, if you like lots of sexy menfolk, you will enjoy this book. The focus is definitely on the romance and the half-naked men. :-p

    ReplyDelete