Monday 26 November 2012

No Takebacks Review



There was something I didn’t know.

Something that would change everything.

The grand opening of Turtle Tear Resort is a time for celebration, but the man Rachael loves more than anything is suffering in silence. Rocha Enterprises was Merrick’s life. Now, he’s been left with no choice but to sell off the business he built from the ground up, and Rachael’s hell-bent on finding out why.

I love you too much not to fight to get it back.

Even if you’ve given up.

“You’re hurting me, Rachael…You’re going to him…I can’t promise I’ll be here when you get back.”

My heart bleeds as you stride away from me. Last night you told me you love me, now you’re walking away because I’m fighting for you.

Rachael can forgive and forget the past, but can Merrick overcome her betrayal?

After reading Taken (and subsequently being left hungry for more), I was ecstatic to find out that Kelli had immediately released a digital novella which carries on right where Taken left off.  It goes without saying that if you have not read Taken yet (review here) then please do not go any further as you WILL encounter spoilers and trust me when I tell you that you don’t want to do that. 

No Takebacks is about what happened after - when the renovations at Turtle Tear have finished and there’s a huge party for friends, family and workers prior to the grand opening.  Merrick is having a hard time and Rachael is determined to find out what’s going on and a way to fix it if possible and bring happiness back to the man she loves.  In order to do this, she has to go to his father, a man whom Merrick has a strained relationship with at best, after all he is suing Merrick.  Rachael does indeed find out what’s going on and it’s probably the biggest revelation EVER but Merrick sees her little trip to see his father as the ultimate act of betrayal and can’t deal *rolls eyes* MEN.  I have a feeling that Taken by Storm (the next book in the series) is going to be PRETTY INTERESTING to say the least and I’m looking forward to a bit of angst and some hot make up sex lol. 

Speaking of which, you might also be interested to know that No Takebacks has one of the raunchiest sex scenes I’ve come across and so you won’t want to miss that.  This was a great little novella and a must read for fans of the first book.  As always, I need the next book like NOW.

No Takebacks was published at the same time as Taken on 8th August, 2012.  Taken by Storm will be available by the end of the year (hopefully). To find out more about Kelli Maine and her books, please click here to visit her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment