Wednesday 22 February 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols. Here's the synopsis:

"A sexy and poignant romantic tale of a young daredevil pilot caught between two brothers.

High school senior Leah Jones loves nothing more than flying. While she’s in the air, it’s easy to forget life with her absentee mother at the low-rent end of a South Carolina beach town. When her flight instructor, Mr. Hall, hires her to fly for his banner advertising business, she sees it as her ticket out of the trailer park. And when he dies suddenly, she’s afraid her flying career is gone forever.

But Mr. Hall’s teenage sons, golden boy Alec and adrenaline junkie Grayson, are determined to keep the banner planes flying. Though Leah has crushed on Grayson for years, she’s leery of getting involved in what now seems like a doomed business--until Grayson betrays her by digging up her most damning secret. Holding it over her head, he forces her to fly for secret reasons of his own, reasons involving Alec. Now Leah finds herself drawn into a battle between brothers--and the consequences could be deadly.
"

I'm a HUGE fan of Jennifer Echols and so just like last week, I don't even have to know what the book is about, I've just pre-ordered. Having said that however, I'm pretty excited to realise that this is the first HARDBACK offering from Jennifer and I think the story sounds fantastic. I like the idea that the girl is the kick ass pilot and obviously I'm curious about all the secrets floating around. I don't care about love triangles, in fact I like them although I have a feeling that Leah is going to go off Grayson pretty quicklywhen he starts blackmailing her. We'll see. Can't wait to read it :)

Such a Rush is published on 10th July, 2012. To find out more about Jennifer and her books, please click here to visit her website.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Gaby and yes, you can't beat a bit of Jennifer Echols ;)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for this one either! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep an it's in HARDBACK. This pleases me :) Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete