Tuesday 7 February 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Here's the synopsis:

"There is need. And then there is Fate...

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.
"

Pure is of course the sequel to Half Blood which I read recently and absolutely LOVED. One thing I will say about Jennifer Armentrout is that she writes a compelling story that is both unputdownable and drives you on to read more, even when the book has finished. I cannot wait to get my little mitts on this book and if you haven't started the series yet? Then I highly recommend it, especially for the older YA crowd as it has immense crossover appeal. Pure is published on 3rd April, 2012 and as soon as I finished reading Half Blood, I pre ordered Pure. Nuff said.

3 comments:

  1. Now I'm curious. I may have to get myself a copy. Thanks for sharing, Lynsey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start with Half Blood (obviously) and ENJOY x

      Delete
  2. I've actually had Half Blood sat on my kindle for a while and just haven't got around to reading it. I think I'm going to have to move it up the TBR pile. Thanks for the nudge Lynsey.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete