Friday 11 November 2011

A note about Divergent

I have been raving about Divergent by Veronica Roth since the day I finished reading it. This is easily one of the best YA books I've EVER read and I can't recommend it highly enough. If you don't know anything about it, read my review here or just read the synopsis:

"Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place her in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances."

I remember having a conversation with someone from Harper Collins earlier in the year about Divergent and how it hadn't sold as well as expected in the UK which shocked the hell out of me as this book is AMAZING! It was suggested that the cover might have something to do with it as it comes across as quite masculine like, although I have to say that I liked it just the way it was. Anyhow, I'm pleased to present a very new looking paperback of Divergent that will be released in February, 2012 and I think it's gorgeous! I'm probably going to have to get this now to go with my collection :) Definitely snap up a copy of this book and read it before the movie is made. You won't regret it!

To find out more about Veronica Roth, please click here to visit her website.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I LOVE THIS COVER! Is that only the UK cover? Because I think I might pay just to have a copy sent to me lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I loved the gender-neutral original cover. :(
    This book is amazing, it's a shame the sales are flagging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the original cover but I think that it might look a bit masculine. I love the new cover and I can't believe that it hasn't flown off the shelves because it is truly an amazing book!

    ReplyDelete