Monday 4 November 2013

Letterbox Love (#74)

As always, Letterbox Love is a weekly feature that I'm hosting on the blog and basically, the idea came out of a discussion with other UK book bloggers about the need to do a weekly meme with more of a British feel to it. Therefore, Letterbox Love was born and the logo was lovingly designed by Dark Readers. Letterbox Love is a way for us to share the books that come through our letterbox, galleys and e books (through our electronic letterbox) and any other bookish goodies that we want to tell you about. Letterbox Love is intended to showcase upcoming books and build up some excitement for them as well as let you know what is available out there. It is not about competing with other bloggers or boasting of any kind (c'mon, we're British and we don't do drama!)

Review Books

  I did not receive any review books this week.


Books Bought


The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
 The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
 The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
 The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

I've already read and reviewed  The Iron King but I wanted the UK paperback to go with my collection and the rest of the books as I haven't read any more of the series yet.  My mum is a HUGE fan of this series.  I've bought every single book for her and she's read and loved them all.  I've got the newest one right here as part of her Christmas present.  I remember LOVING Ash (incidentally, my mum loves him too) and I want to find out what happens.  If my mum loves these books to death, I know I will too. They were on offer at The Works, my favourite shop in the world - they had a box set for £9.99 but it was out of stock.  The books were 3 for £5 so it didn't really matter anyway.


Vicious by V. E. Schwab
Another highly anticipated book and it's finally in my hands.  I had a problem with my pre-order after waiting patiently, I cancelled it and re-ordered it with another online seller.   I'm so curious about the book, especially as it's Victoria's first adult book and one that I know means a hell of a lot to her, it certainly did when she was writing it.  I have a feeling we might have some movie news about it soon but we'll see.

 Horns by Joe Hill
I've been curious about this book for the longest time and it comes with a glowing recommendation from Melissa Marr, author of Wicked Lovely if memory serves.  Joe Hill is of course the son of Stephen King (something I only found out recently) and can you believe I found the US hardback in Poundland for...you guessed it, £1.  There's no way I could pass that up and if you're interested, there were also copies of The Reckoning by Alma Katsu.  I do kinda feel bad that they are so cheap as I know how much work goes into a book but this is the deal of the century.

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton
This is one of my favourite adult books EVER and yes, I've read and reviewed it already.  I bought the paperback because I have the chance to get it signed by the lady herself next week!

 The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
This is a book I've wanted to read for the longest time but it's never been a price I wanted to pay for it.  It was on offer at The Works and since the movie is coming out, this seemed like the right time to get it. 

 
 
Allegiant by Veronica Roth
This is the US hardback edition of Allegiant and I had to get this for my collection.  I pre-ordered this a hundred years ago from Amazon who then, rather helpfully cancelled my order for me last minute and so I ordered from Abe Books but it was a paperback.  So, I had to put a rush on a hardback as I am meeting Veronica Roth herself on Wednesday!!!!  I've read Allegiant and am about to write my review so get ready! 

E Books

Night Owl by M. Pearce (Bought)
I love the sound of this book because firstly, I AM a night owl and secondly, it's about online writing partners.  I have to read it. 

Crave by Monica Murphy (Bought)
I confess that since I bought it, I've actually read it already.  I really enjoyed it and my review will go up soon.  I love stories about a  girl and her brother's best friend.


Stargazing from Nowhere by Isabel Thomas (Netgalley - For Review)
A blogger who meets her rock star crush after saying negative things about him on the blog? Yep, I have to read that. 

Hopeless For You by Hayden Hill (Netgalley - For Review)
This is a New Adult novel and I like the fact that this is about a guy who is afraid of commitment and a girl who is afraid to love again.  Sold. 

Fearsome by S. A. Wolfe (Netgalley - For Review)
This is another New Adult novel and another that I LOVE the sound of - AND I've just found out that it has brothers and I can't resist brothers.  I may have to read this next.


I think I did rather well on the ebook front this week, don't you?!  As always, I'm at a loss as to what to read next because my choices are too vast.  I have A LOT of awesome books and that fact paralyses me as a reader.  So much so, that sometimes I re-read something I've already read (don't ask me why).   Anyway, I haven't made any decisions yet but I'll let you know.  As always, I hope you've had a great week for books and please share your links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment