Sunday 17 November 2013

Authors for the Philippines

I'm sure by now you've all heard how Typhoon Haiyan hit the Philippines on 8th November, 2013 and caused mass devastation.   People were killed, homes were lost and the survivors are desperate for food, clean water and shelter.  Author Keris Stainton wanted to help and created AUTHORS FOR PHILIPPINES which is an online auction to help raise money for the Red Cross' Typhoon Haiyan Appeal.  There are A TON of items to bid on and they are all pretty special - a lot of authors, both UK and international are involved and they have donated first editions, signed copies, manuscript critiques and ARC's of unpublished books to name but a few.  Book bloggers like myself have also donated to the cause.  I have donated three signed US hardcovers of SHIVER, LINGER and FOREVER by Maggie Stiefvater and Maggie herself has added to this by donating an audiobook of THE SCORPIO RACES and some limited edition book plates with her own art from THE DREAM THIEVES.  If you're interested, you can bid on this item here and it is currently a bargain.

I would urge you to take a look at the site as there are so many amazing items to bid on for such a worthy cause.  I'm going to scour the site myself this afternoon.  The auction ends on Wednesday 20th November so you only have a few days left to get your bids in.  Good luck!

To find out more about AUTHORS FOR PHILIPPINES and to visit the website, please click here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, Lynsey. I am from the Philippines, and although my place wasn't directly affected by the typhoon, I just feel for my fellow countrymen.

    ReplyDelete