Saturday 9 November 2013

Operation Christmas Child


I don't normally do this kind of thing but I felt compelled to tell you all about Operation Christmas Child because when I found out through a friend recently, I really wanted to help.

Operation Christmas Child is the world's largest children's Christmas project, run by the Christian charity Samaritan's Purse.  Basically, gift filled shoe boxes are sent all around the world to disadvantaged and underprivileged children, bringing a bit of joy into their lives.  This has nothing to do with religion or being a Christian (I don't consider myself to be either really) but it has to do with being a good person and wanting to help others. I just wish I could be there to see the smiles on the children's faces!

So, how can you help?  All the instructions are on the website here and it's so easy.  I'd go so far as to say that it's been downright FUN shopping for a little boy and a little girl.  Instead of boring old adult gifts, I've been looking for toys, colouring books, pens and all the things that reminded me of how special my childhood Christmas's were.  For those of you that are thinking you might be too busy to stuff a shoe box, you don't even have to as there's a group of volunteers who will DO IT FOR YOU.   







To find out more information about Operation Christmas Child, please click here to visit the website.  If you're in the United States, I believe it's called "Pack with my Hope" and you can find out more information here. Basically, it doesn't matter if you're in Europe, America or Canada, there is a website for you where you can get involved.  I only hope that you do.


2 comments:

  1. Such a great cause and something I have supported for many years. Dropped my two boxes off a few days ago. I tend to collect items for the boxes through the year when I see them on sale or something then when the time comes to put the boxes together I have most of the items I need apart from the all important sweet treats and toiletries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making Christmas shoeboxes!! I've done one every year for as long as I can remember, in fact I'm just about to go and wrap my shoebox now! :D

    ReplyDelete