Wednesday 20 March 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White. Here's the synopsis:

Isadora’s family is seriously screwed up.

Of course, as the human daughter of Egyptian gods, that pretty much comes with the territory. She’s also stuck with parents who barely notice her, and a house full of relatives who can’t be bothered to remember her name. After all, they are going to be around forever—and she’s a mere mortal.

Isadora’s sick of living a life where she’s only worthy of a passing glance, and when she has the chance to move to San Diego with her brother, she jumps on it. But Isadora’s quickly finding that a “normal” life comes with plenty of its own epic complications—and that there’s no such thing as a clean break when it comes to family. Much as she wants to leave her past behind, she can’t shake the ominous dreams that foretell destruction for her entire family. When it turns out there may be truth in her nightmares, Isadora has to decide whether she can abandon her divine heritage after all.


Let me just start by simply saying that I don't care what this book is about, I just have to have it on my shelves as really this is one of the most beautiful covers I've ever seen.  There seems to be a lot of upcoming books with 'stars' in the titles but it doesn't bother me in the slightest (although I cannot guarantee that I won't mix up and blend some of the titles in my head - hey, I could come up with an entirely new title!)  I love the fact that this book features something not seen often in YA books and that's a story about Egyptian Gods.  I have to admit that I STILL haven't read any of Kiersten's books yet to my shame, although I do have them on the shelves.  I'm definitely going to be reading this one when it comes out.  

The Chaos of Stars is published on 10th September, 2013 with no UK release date at present.

5 comments:

  1. That cover is stunning & I love mythology - great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the sound of this and that cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I wonder if it's being published in the UK.

      Delete
  3. You haven't read any of White's other books? You definitely need to get on that! I also love the Egyptian mythology aspect-I think that sounds so cool and I can't wait to learn more about it!

    ReplyDelete