Tuesday 26 March 2013

Letterbox Love (#46)

As always, Letterbox Love is a weekly feature that I'm hosting on the blog and basically, the idea came out of a discussion with other UK book bloggers about the need to do a weekly meme with more of a British feel to it. Therefore, Letterbox Love was born and the logo was lovingly designed by Dark Readers. Letterbox Love is a way for us to share the books that come through our letterbox, galleys and e books (through our electronic letterbox) and any other bookish goodies that we want to tell you about. Letterbox Love is intended to showcase upcoming books and build up some excitement for them as well as let you know what is available out there. It is not about competing with other bloggers or boasting of any kind (c'mon, we're British and we don't do drama!)

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lateness of this post but I've been working night shifts all weekend and they are not conducive to getting ANYTHING else done apart from sleeping and working.

Review Books


Ink By Amanda Sun
I think this book sounds really interesting and unique, a book about Japanese myth and legend with a beautiful cover to boot.

 The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
It's the sequel to The Immortal Rules, it's Julie Kagawa, do I really need to say more? I'm very excited to continue reading this epic story. 

Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
I'm intrigued by the idea of trying to live without technology (although I don't think I could do it) and I'm pleased to see this being published in the UK. 
  
Follow Me Down by Tanya Byrne
This is the new novel from Tanya Byrne, author of Heart Shaped Bruise which I STILL have to read.  I keep hearing good things about her writing and she's lovely online so I must get round to reading her books!


Thank You Publishers!!!




Books Bought


Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
This is the final book in the Infernal Devices series and I can't believe I haven't started these books yet.  I think I'd probably better hurry up as I'm terrified of coming across spoilers online. I am sure to love this series as I love The Mortal Instruments (did I tell you how ridiculously excited I am for the movie?!) and Cassandra can do no wrong in my eyes. 

Requiem by Lauren Oliver
This is of course, the final part of the Delirium series and I'm almost scared to read it, if I'm honest which is probably why I haven't started it yet.  I've heard mixed reviews about the ending and I hate when my favourite series ends too but I have to know what happens!!

Poison by Bridget Zinn
This is a debut novel by a young writer who sadly did not live long enough to see her dreams come true - a thought that genuinely saddens me.  I think the book sounds really fun, full of magic, quests, a dash of humour and a piglet? Looking forward to reading this!

Elixir by Jennifer L. Armentrout
This is the paperback copy which I wanted to get for my collection.  I love Jennifer's books, especially this series and in fact, as crazy as it might sound, I think Elixir is one of my favourite books in this particular series, which might sound a little strange considering how short it is.



Ebooks

Elenor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (Bought)
So, I keep hearing amazing things of this little book and after reading the synopsis, I really want to read it.  I like the idea of a bigger girl/more normal girl than the skinny, model protagonists with perfect bodies we're used to.

Freak of Nature by Julia Crane (Bought)
A girl who is half robot and half human?  A brilliant scientist who feels guilty about what the girl has become and finds himself falling for her?  Yeah, I'm intrigued. 

Scandalous 2 by H.M. Ward (Bought)
This is obviously the sequel to Scandalous which I haven't read yet but it was on offer for a limited time so I bought it as no doubt, I'm going to want to read it.

The Practice Proposal by Tracy March (Bought)
I'm certain I've read books using this trope before but I'm sure it will be entertaining nonetheless.
 

The Baby Bargain by Jennifer Apodaca (Bought)
See above.  This sounds a little bit like Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin but I love romances with military men and I've heard good things about the book.


Marked by Elizabeth Naughton (Bought)
I like the sound of this book from the synopsis although I'm pretty sure I can predict what's going to happen.  This will be one of my rainy day romance reads.

 
My Everything by Heidi McLaughlin (Bought)
I really enjoyed Forever My Girl and this is a short novella from the series and a must read for fans.

Fateful by Cheri Schmidt (Free)
A New Adult book sprinkled with a bit of Jane Austen, some romance and features a vampire love interest.  Definitely intrigued. 

The Symbolon by Delia Colvin (Free)
This is the second book in this series that I haven't started yet but I have the first book.  It's a love story and that's all I know really.
 
How to Date an Alien by Magan Vernon (Free)
I'm certain I've read a version of this before, possibly as a beta reader but it was free and probably about time I reviewed it. 

Brash by Nicola Marsh (Free)
A sexy, romantic read and a tropical island? I'm there.

Icons by Margaret Stohl (Netgalley - For Review)
This is the new book from Margaret Stohl (one half of the writing duo who wrote Beautiful Creatures).  It sounds fabulous and I'm looking forward to reading this. 

The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe (Netgalley - For Review)
This is a YA book, set in Post Victorian England and features a boarding school on the Southern coast.  There's mystery and possibly a bit of romance and I thought it sounded interesting because whilst the boarding school idea is OLD, I have not seen it used outside of a modern day setting. 

The Deepest Night by Shana Abe (Netgalley - For Review)
This is the sequel to the above. 
 
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers (For Review)
I absolutely loved Grave Mercy and so I'm looking forward to reading the sequel although I believe it's mostly about another character this time.

Apologies again for the lateness but better late than never!  I've been reading romances this week and have finished The Collector by Victoria Scott, The party by Katie Ashley, Wait for You by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley, all of which come highly recommended by me.  I also re-read The Selection by Kiera Cass as I CANNOT WAIT for The Elite to come out next month.  I LOVE this series and I'm VERY excited to read the next book.  I'd do just about anything to get my hands on it now!!!  Whilst I'm waiting though, I have no clue what to start next!! I'm surrounded by way too many awesome books and this thought paralyzes me as a reader!  I hope you all had a great week for books and as always, please share your links below.

6 comments:

  1. Great lot of books you've got there! I'm really jealous you have Ink By Amanda Sun.
    Happy reading!

    Link to my post: Here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, it looks interesting doesn't it?!

      Delete
  2. OH well hey my book is on there! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eleanor and park is perfect and that's all i have to say <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I keep hearing. I'm excited to read it and find out for myself :)

      Delete