Tuesday 5 March 2013

The Prince Review



Before thirty-five girls were chosen to compete in the Selection...

Before Aspen broke America's heart...

There was another girl in Prince Maxon's life...


If you loved The Selection by Kiera Cass as much as I did (my review is here if you’re interested), then like me you’ve been eagerly anticipating the next installment.  I am positively chomping at the bit to read The Elite and so I’m really glad The Prince was released now to satiate my appetite somewhat.  Despite being a short novella, I feel like I’ve had my Maxon fix whilst I wait for the sequel and I have decided in my infinite wisdom that I am full on Team Maxon.  As far as I’m concerned, Aspen had his shot and blew it.  Besides, he could never offer the security that Maxon can.

The Prince is a short novella told from Prince Maxon’s point of view and is set just before The Selection.  I have to admit that as much as I love him, I’m really not sure how I feel about seeing inside his head.  In The Selection, I seem to remember him coming across as a confident and charming prince but The Prince shows us his worries and insecurities. On the plus side, this does serve to make him look more like a normal human being - I mean, yes he is a prince but he’s also just a man and if I’m honest, I also enjoyed seeing America through his eyes.

I’m wondering if the new information (particularly about his friend Daphne) will serve a purpose somewhere along the way and I wouldn’t be surprised if she popped up again in the future.

Overall, I enjoyed The Prince and it was worth staying up after midnight to read it as soon as it was released.  I was also very grateful to find the first two chapters of The Elite in the back of the book.  Now I just need the rest!!!

The Prince was published on 5th March, 2013 in the US and the UK.   The Elite is published on 23rd April, 2013.  To find out more about Kiera and her books, please click here to visit her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment