Wednesday 5 September 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

 
"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor.  Here's the synopsis:

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed "Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Karou must come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, mysteries and secrets, new characters and old favorites, Days of Blood and Starlight brings the richness, color and intensity of the first book to a brand new canvas.


Daughter of Smoke and Bone was a great book and subsequently everyone is dying to read the sequel.  Laini's writing alone makes it lust worthy but the beautiful covers help too.  I'm actually liking the US covers right now although it could be argued that they're just pretty and don't necessarily tell you anything about the book.  But what about the UK cover? Still pretty but does it tell you anything noteworthy? Not really.  Oh well, who cares as I just want to read the damn thing!  I recently won an ARC of this so I'm pretty excited to receive it!  :)


Days of Blood and Starlight is published in November, 2012 in both the US and the UK.


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning an early copy! I didn't love the first one as much as a lot of other people did so I'm fine waiting for my library's copy to come out. I'm interested to know where Taylor will go next with the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't gone out and bought myself a copy of Daughter of Smoke and Bone to read yet. I guess I should get on to it, if the 2nd book is being released soon. Congrats on winning an copy Lynsey. I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah, I'm dying for this! I loved DoSaB so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both covers are gorgeous, but I love the US one more. :) And I am soo excited to read this! Daughter of Smoke and Bone was ah-mazing and hopefully the sequel will be too! x]

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited about this sequel! But like you, I prefer the US covers. The UK DoSaB cover was nice, but this cover is just... meh. Half-decently photoshopped fire, hooray?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to read this one. I just read the chapter sampler I picked up at BEA and I'm so eager to read the rest of the book now. Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited about this sequel. And both covers are gorgeous, but I think the US cover is more enticing. Congrats on winning an ARC, that's awesome. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete