Wednesday 12 September 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Requiem by Lauren Oliver.  Here's the synopsis:

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight. Of Pandemonium, ALA Booklist noted that “like all successful second volumes, this expands the world and ups the stakes, setting us up for the big finale.”

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancĂ©e of the young mayor. Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.

Requiem is of course the final book in the Delirium series by Lauren Oliver and this is the US cover.  I've loved this series so far and with the way Pandemonium ended, who can say they aren't desperate to read Requiem?!  Nuff said.

Requiem is published in March, 2013 so we've got a bit of a wait I'm afraid. 

6 comments:

  1. *hasn't read Pandemonium yet*

    ...

    I DO want to read this though; I just have a bit more to keep me busy until March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. READ PANDEMONIUM!! Did you know I named that book? You probably do since I don't shut up about it LOL. I don't have a copy of Requiem yet but when I do, the phone is being turned off and I'm locking myself in my bedroom to read!

      Delete
  2. GAh I really need to start Delirium soon. I feel so out of the loop! >.<
    Awesome pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, YES DO and if you don't have a copy, I believe that the facebook fan page is giving away 1500 copies of the book at the moment!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too although it will be bittersweet since I think this is the last book in the series.

      Delete