Happy New Year to all of you! I'm working night shifts at the moment so I won't get to see the new year in party style but that's OK. I want to say a huge thank you to every one of my followers for taking the time to read my reviews and posts and also comment on them. Each and every comment means a lot to me so thank you :)
I know a lot of people are doing "wrap up" posts or "Top books of 2010". Initially I decided not to do this but I've changed my mind so here's some books I loved in 2010!
Matched by Ally Condie
An AWESOME dystopian novel from Ally Condie which I lusted after from the moment I heard about it (thank you Melissa Marr). Thankfully, it was everything I wanted and more. I absolutely fell in love with this book and had to buy a copy for my sister for Christmas. This book comes highly recommended by me. Check out my review here.
Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
Another book I lusted after was Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers. I LOVE THIS BOOK. I never thought I would fall for a sexy demon but Lisa bowled me over with her sexy, funny characters. I loved the story and I CANNOT WAIT to read the sequel. I've been a bit late with this review but it's coming!
Absolution by Jennifer Laurens
I love Jennifer Lauren's writing, the Heavenly series in particular. Absolution is the final book in the series and again, beautifully written. Read my review of here.
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Lauren Oliver is fast becoming one of my favourite writer's. Before I Fall was a fantastic, thought-provoking debut and I love reading her blog which features lots of writing advice! I've recently read the first chapter of Delirium and I cannot get it out of my head! I'm sure this will be on the Top Books for 2011 list ;) Read my review of Before I Fall here.
Forget You by Jennifer Echols
Forget You is the first book by Jennifer Echols that I've read and I absolutely loved it!! I've since bought all her books and am going to work my way through them (who am I kidding, it's not exactly work, it's a PLEASURE). An Awesome book that isn't afraid to show teenagers in a realistic light. Read my review here.
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
This is cheating slightly since this book comes out in January 2011 but Across the Universe by Beth Revis is one of my most favourite debut reads EVER. I'm struggling to express just how much this book rocked my socks off. I LOVED IT and I can't wait to share my review with you (coming soon).
As I'm a huge fan of making lists, I want to share some personal highlights from 2010 with you...
1. Starting this blog - I've made so many friends and learnt so much about books and the publishing industry. I love hearing about upcoming movies and being able to say "I've read that, it's a GREAT book". I get so much joy from reading, writing and blogging. Obviously I also appreciate the fact that I get to read books before they are released but I still buy finished copies of the books I love :)
2. Starting and FINISHING Nanowrimo. I always thought I would quit but I didn't and actually completed a 50,000 word first draft of my novel. I've never written that much for one story so I even shocked myself!
3. Starting UK Book Tours and being in touch with publishers so that I can tour ARC's. I love the fact that the UK crowd gets to read books that they may have not had access to otherwise.
4. Meeting publishers and going to blogger events in London. I really appreciate how nice they are to us and thank us for our hard work.
5. Meeting (well sort of) my BFF Jordan Deen, author of The Crescent and upcoming sequel Half Moon. I won a copy of The Crescent and absolutely loved it! I struck up a friendship with Jordan and we've been besties ever since. I <3 her.
Well, I hope you all had a good year and I wish you an even BETTER year in 2011. Here's to GREAT books, GREAT reviews, GREAT friends and GREAT experiences.