Wednesday 5 January 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Wildefire by Karsten Knight. Here is the Goodreads description:

"Ashline Wilde never received an instruction manual on how to be a 16-year-old Polynesian volcano goddess. If she had, it might have contained helpful warnings such as:

• Dreaming about your (thankfully) mortal boyfriend may cause your bed to spontaneously combust
• Oven mitts should be worn at all times during heavy make-out sessions

Instead, Ash has to learn these life lessons the hard way as her dormant powers erupt at the most awkward times. In the wake of a hometown tragedy, Ash transfers to Blackwood Academy, a boarding school nestled in California’s redwoods, where a group of fellow gods-on-earth have mysteriously convened. As if sophomore year couldn’t get any worse, her storm goddess older sister, the wild and unpredictable Eve, resurfaces to haunt Ashline. With a war between the gods looming over Blackwood, Ash must master the fire smoldering within her before she clashes with her sister one final time, which leads us to life-lesson #3:

• When warm and cold fronts collide, there’s guaranteed to be a storm".

I think it's pretty obvious why I've chosen this book as my WOW post this week and why I've added it to my wishlist. How the hell do you write a book about a girl who is a Polynesian volcano?!?! I'm DEFINITELY interested to know and I think it sounds like a fresh and original story.
I'm also loving the cover by the way! There is no definite release date for this other than Summer 2011 but I'll be on the look out for more information. I've also just found out that Karsten is a GUY and not only that, but he's actually pretty cute* too ;)

* Not a reason to buy the book and I was not bribed or paid for saying this.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like another book to add to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cover! I've had some good luck with books that were written by guys lately, good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is awesome, and it sounds like a really original book! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polynesian volcano goddess!OMG. I want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments guys, they are much appreciated! I totally agree, this is one original book that definitely deserves to be read!

    ReplyDelete