Monday 2 December 2013

Letterbox Love (#78)

As always, Letterbox Love is a weekly feature that I'm hosting on the blog and basically, the idea came out of a discussion with other UK book bloggers about the need to do a weekly meme with more of a British feel to it. Therefore, Letterbox Love was born and the logo was lovingly designed by Dark Readers. Letterbox Love is a way for us to share the books that come through our letterbox, galleys and e books (through our electronic letterbox) and any other bookish goodies that we want to tell you about. Letterbox Love is intended to showcase upcoming books and build up some excitement for them as well as let you know what is available out there. It is not about competing with other bloggers or boasting of any kind (c'mon, we're British and we don't do drama!)


Review Books

 I did not receive any review books this week.


Books Bought


Walking Disaster (Signed, Limited Edition) by Jamie McGuire
I am a HUGE fan of Jamie's and I'm so, so glad that signed, limited edition hardbacks of her books exist. I will buy a copy of every single one of her books in this format. 

Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes
I *loved* Falling Kingdoms with a passion and I have been waiting with baited breath for the sequel.  Unfortunately though, as we have to wait so long between books, I'm scared that I've forgotten a lot of the details so now I'm torn over what to do.  Re-read the first one? Hope for the best?  Sometimes I re-read the final chapters of the first book but I don't think that will help.  I think I will read my review and go from there.


E Books

Driven by K. Bromberg (Bought)
I'm really curious about this book especially when the number one anticipated book for next year is part of this series, according to one Goodreads list I've seen.  Looking at the reviews, it's either you love it or hate it but I'm definitely curious. 

Wethering the Storm by Samantha Towle (Bought)
This is book two in this series and I haven't read book one yet but it was on offer for 99p so I couldn't resist.  I've been told by a friend and fellow blogger that I will love the books and I trust her.

Trouble by Samantha Towle (Bought)
I can't resist a good bad boy and this will be the first book I've read from this author as I think I will probably get round to this one before the others. 

Evolve Series Box Set by S. E. Hall (Bought)
I love a good Southern romance/coming of age tale and whilst this sounds along the same vein as another author whose name escapes me right now since I'm really tired, I definitely want to read these books as it sounds like a story I will like.  Thankfully, this was on offer too. 
 
Falling for the Marine by Samanthe Beck (Bought)
I didn't realise that this is book two in the McCade Brothers series but it looks like it could be read as a standalone and as always, I cannot resist a man in uniform.  I do think it sounds a little bit awesome.

Sleigh Bells in the Snow by Sarah Morgan (Bought)
I love holiday romances, especially when both parties are snowbound and so I just know I'm going to love this one.  I plan to read it soon to get me in the festive spirit.

Officer Off Limits by Tessa Bailey (Bought)
His Risk to Take by Tessa Bailey (Bought)
Protecting What's His by Tessa Bailey (Bought)
Asking for Trouble by Tessa Bailey (Bought)

These are all part of the same series and I just cannot resist men in uniform.  I just can't.  Enough said. 
 
Shattered Hearts Trilogy Box Set by Cassia Leo (Bought)
This was on offer and seemed like a series I might enjoy. 

My Sweetest Escape by Chelsea M. Cameron (Netgalley - For Review)
This is the follow up to My Favorite Mistake and if I'm honest, I cannot remember who Jos is so I'm going to have to scan the first one to figure it out.  I'm not entirely sure about a love interest called Dusty but hey, it worked in Footloose, right?  I'm going to keep an open mind with this one.

Unite by Jamie Campbell (Netgalley - For Review)
I think this is self published but putting everything aside, I prefer to concentrate on the plot and then see if the writing holds up.  I think it sounds really interesting as it's about aliens secretly integrating into society and the fact that the government don't want that to happen. Teenage aliens FTW!

Forever by Karen Ann Hopkins (Netgalley - For Review)
I didn't realise at the time that this is book three in the series and this puts a bit of a spanner in the works.  I'll have to look into the first two books. 

Enders by Lissa Price (Netgalley - For Review)
Ever since reading Starters, I haven't been able to get the book out of my head (no, seriously) and so I'm ecstatic to have the opportunity to read the sequel.

Christmas in Tahoe by Elizabeth Barrett (Netgalley - For Review)
This sounds like a really cute, short Christmas novella with sprinklings of magic and romance.  In other words, perfect for the holiday season. 

Out of Time by Jen McLaughlin (For Review)
I LOVED book one and so of course, I'm dying to read book two!

Some really great books this week (as always) and like always, I just can't decide what to read first!  I'm currently working my way through Sempre by J.M. Darhower which is really good but it's a big book and I'm having to read a bit at a time, when I can.  This is a really busy time of the year for me, and especially this year so I'm just reading when I get time to.  This is also why this post sometimes goes up on Mondays instead of Sundays.   Anyway, as always, I hope you had a great week for books and please share your links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment