Monday 28 May 2012

Letterbox Love (#4)

Apologies for the lateness of this post but I've been working all weekend and I had to go to the sorting office and pick up several parcels today anyway (from last week) which contributes to the haul.

As always, Letterbox Love is a weekly feature that I'm hosting on the blog and basically, the idea came out of a discussion with other UK book bloggers about the need to do a weekly meme with more of a British feel to it.  Therefore, Letterbox Love was born and the logo was lovingly designed by Dark Readers.  Letterbox Love is a way for us to share the books that come through our letterbox, galleys and e books (through our electronic letterbox - see what I did there?!) and any other bookish goodies that we want to tell you about.  Letterbox Love is intended to showcase upcoming books and build up some excitement for them as well as let you know what is available out there.  It is not about competing with other bloggers or boasting of any kind (c'mon, we're British and we don't do drama!)

So, without further a do, here's what I got this week...



 Review Books

Soul Fire by Kate Harrison
This is the sequel to Soul Beach, a book that I want to read but haven't managed to yet! Sounds like a good Summer read (because it has a beach in it).
The Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
I've heard of this book from US bloggers and am glad that it's being published in the UK! This is a two book series inspired by the Edgar Alan Poe story of the same name.
The Book of Lies by Mary Horlock
I've not heard of this one before but it's set in Guernsey.  I'll probably look around for reviews before deciding whether or not to jump in and give it a go.
The Anti-Prom by Abby McDonald
I'm pretty sure this originated in the US but I'm glad to see it being published in the UK.  Sounds like a fun read.
Wake by Amanda Hocking
I'm almost finished with the Trylle series and have really enjoyed it so I'm keen to try out more of Amanda's work.
Fated by Alyson Noel
I have to be honest and say that I'm very behind with Alyson's other series as somewhere along the line, I lost interest but I'm VERY excited about this book as it features Native Indians.  Hoorah!




Review Books

The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
 This sounds like a historical but inside the front cover is a map with lands I have never heard of therefore it must be a fantasy.  It reminds me a little of The Man in the Iron Mask (starring Leonardo DiCaprio) but the boys in question are not related, at least not from the outset.

Serpent's Kiss by Melissa De La Cruz
 I've never read any books by Melissa although I'm sure I have one on the shelves. This is the second book in the series and I believe it's about witches.  
Metawars by Jeff Norton
This book came as a complete surprise as I've not heard of it before now but it looks super interesting!  I think it's about uploading yourself into a virtual world and I definitely want to read this. 

Thank you publishers!!!



Books Bought

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
This cover is beautiful and I'm interested in the story as it's about mermaids.  I will admit to being slightly scared though since reading The Vicious Deep which I was a bit disappointed with and the fact that Of Poseidon has mixed reviews.  I'm definitely going to give it a go though.

Gilt by Katherine Longshore
I'm quite excited by this one as it's a historical set in the time of Henry VIII.


E-Books

Caribbean Cruising by Rachel Hawthorne (Bought)
I can't remember where I saw this now but I know it was on another blog.  I love the idea that it's a YA story set on a cruise ship.  I'm obsessed with cruising at the moment as I'm dying to go on one for my next holiday!  I thought it would be a perfect Summer read.

The Next Always (The Inn at Boonsboro Trilogy Volume 1) by Nora Roberts (Bought)
I'm a huge fan of Nora Roberts and while I don't review her books, I most certainly do read and enjoy them.  I've heard good things about this new series and so I thought I'd give it a go.

Apologies again for the delay but I do hope you'll leave me a comment with a link so I can check out your Letterbox Love posts.  Hope you all had a good week! :)

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely letterbox! I'm behind with Alyson Noel's books as well, but am excited to read Fated! Enjoy!

    Here's my book haul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read a excerpt of Wake and really enjoyed it. I hope you enjoy it and the others.

    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of any of those...but will be adding them to my wish list! Enjoy :-)
    My list is here
    With the long weekend coming up, I'm planning some blog maintenance...including links to Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome books this week! I got Of Poseidon this week too, and Gilt last week. I'm looking forward to your review on Awake!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have a lot of books to keep you busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great books!! I got Soul Fire and Masque of the Red Death too, cant wait to read them! So jealous of The Anti-prom, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete