Wednesday 25 January 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Pandemonium by the very brilliant Lauren Oliver. Here's the synopsis:

"I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite."

I'm cheating a little here, not because the book is out as it isn't yet but because I've already read the ARC and OMG if you were a fan of Delirium, then YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK and that's all I can say on the matter other than look out for my review very soon! I'm not entirely sure about the cover design change as I'm not a big fan of doing this right in the middle of a series. I don't know when industry professionals are going to realise that this is never a good idea as then the books don't match and generally, there is outrage among the book blogging community. Anyway, what you see here is the UK cover and if you're interested, here is the US cover...
Again, the US cover is of a different design to Delirium but I have to say that I prefer the US covers in this instance. Pandemonium is published on 28th February, 2012 in the US and 1st March, 2012 in the UK.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard SO many good things about Delirium and Pandemonium. I need to just read them already! Looks so good. I guess I should just buy Delirium so I'll be ready fro the Pandemonium release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the US cover for Pandemonium better, I'm not sure if the UK would stand out to me as much as the US one would on the shelves. I have to read Delirium soon, have had it on my TBR pile for way too long now!

    ReplyDelete