Monday 16 July 2012

Catching Suki Review


"The Unit are closing in and Demos needs one of his team to go deep cover. 

Enter Suki. 

Fashion obsessed, boy-crazy and more than a little kooky, Suki is a mind reader with a special talent for buying shoes and for listening in on private conversations. 

Tasked with infiltrating the enemy (namely Jack and Alex) Suki rises to the challenge, leaving a trail of chaos, destruction (and a large room service bill) in her wake. 

A prequel to the events of Hunting Lila and including many of the characters from the book, this short story told through Suki’s eyes, will have you laughing out loud and gripping the edge of your seat.” 

I only recently found out after reading Hunting Lila and Losing Lila that Sara Alderson wrote a short story entitled Catching Suki and so of course I had to track it down! I should start this review with an advisory – read Hunting Lila first so that this story will make sense to you.

Suki is HILARIOUS and this story had me chuckling to myself throughout. She is such a girlie girl and you can imagine that she’s just a teeny bundle of cuteness. I always enjoy reading scenes from alternative points of views or reading deleted scenes that whilst they didn’t make the cut, are still important and the reader generally has to imagine them taking place. I love when authors bring out short stories or novellas from a series that I adore and I would send out a plea for more authors to do that please! The fans love it!

I’m not going to say too much about the story but if you’re a fan of the series then it’s a must read. It was originally released as a free short story and it’s still floating around online somewhere. I believe it will be re-released in the near future.

Hunting Lila (review here) was published in August, 2011 and Losing Lila (review here) is published on 2nd August, 2012.   To find out more about Sarah Alderson and her books, please click here to visit her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment