Sunday 20 October 2013

Letterbox Love (#72)

As always, Letterbox Love is a weekly feature that I'm hosting on the blog and basically, the idea came out of a discussion with other UK book bloggers about the need to do a weekly meme with more of a British feel to it. Therefore, Letterbox Love was born and the logo was lovingly designed by Dark Readers. Letterbox Love is a way for us to share the books that come through our letterbox, galleys and e books (through our electronic letterbox) and any other bookish goodies that we want to tell you about. Letterbox Love is intended to showcase upcoming books and build up some excitement for them as well as let you know what is available out there. It is not about competing with other bloggers or boasting of any kind (c'mon, we're British and we don't do drama!)

Review Books


 Curtsies and Conspiracies by Gail Carriger (Unsolicited)
I haven't started this series but I'm aware of it.  I'm still waiting to be won over by steampunk.

Long Live the Queen by Kate Locke (Unsolicited)
This is another series I haven't started but I'm not really interested in this one so again, library or die hard fan bound.

Last to Rise by Francis Knight (Unsolicited)
This is book 3 of a series I've never heard of and never read.  I have too many books to read as is and so this is going to the library or if I can find a die hard fan who wants it, then it's theirs.

Thank You Publishers!!!


Books Bought


This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
This is one of my favourite erotic romance books and it's just been released in paperback so I had to get myself a copy.  I have the chance to meet Jodi next month but I don't think I'm going to be able to go so I plan to ask a friend to get this signed for me.  I also bought a copy for my sister for Christmas and I just know she is going to love it!  I'm definitely buying the other two books when they are released and I would die happy if they ever came out in special, limited edition hardback.  Anyone for starting a petition?  What I love about this series, apart from the fact that it is awesome, is that Jodi is British and I'm so proud of her.


E Books

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (Bought)
So I have an ARC of this but I saw the kindle version on sale and bought it as I also have Throne of Glass on kindle.  If they ever brought out special, limited edition hardbacks with the UK covers, I'd totally buy the physical books, too.

Lash by L.G. Castillo (Bought)
Are angel books making a bit of a comeback? Maybe.  After reading and Loving Angelfall, I saw this which comes highly recommended and I love the storyline.  

Vivian's List by Haleigh Lovell (Bought)
I LOVE the sound of this book.  It's billed as a New Adult erotic romance and I don't see anything wrong with mixing the two if that's the kind of book that it is.  I like the fact that it's about one woman's sexual discovery after leaving an abuse relationship. 

Madeleine Abducted by M.S. Willis (Bought)
I think this book sounds so interesting and is probably along similar lines as C.J. Roberts books which immediately has me sold as I loved those. 

Equisite by Ella Frank (Bought)
I've heard a lot about these books and how awesome they are, and I love the covers.  I've finally gotten round to buying the first one in the series so I can give it a go.  

Enraptured by Alannah Carbonneau (Free)
Not sure if I just got this because it's free but I do like the idea of two people who are totally wrong for each other and the slow burn from friendship into something more.  It's got potential.

Mine for Tonight by J.S. Scott (Free)
I'm curious about this one and loving that it features a nursing student BUT I am really tired of writers publishing novella's when really it's just one book broken down into small parts.  You don't make more money that way, you just piss off the reader.

Strength by Carrie Butler (Free)
Confession - I read this a long time ago and remember liking it on the whole.  I should probably write my review of it!

Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover (Free)
Another confession - I still haven't read any of Colleen Hoover's books yet.

Broken by C.J. Lyons (Netgalley - For Review)
I'm really curious about the twists in this book and how it's being billed as a fresh contemporary novel.  This spurs me on to read it. 

I'm still trying to be good but I found some books recently that I really wanted.  There are two that I want but pricier and I hate paying £4-5 upwards for ebooks.  I'm still hoping they will come down eventually, perhaps as we ebb away from release day.  I'm just about to start Teardrop by Lauren Kate.  What are you reading this week?  As always, I hope you had a great week for books and please share your links below.

2 comments:

  1. Some great looking books this week! I downloaded the Colleen Hoover book but have only read the Slammed series so far. Will definitely be trying to read the others soon. Enjoy your reads.

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the first in Gail Carriger's steampunk series. It's a brilliantly drawn world and the characters are wonderfully wacky - you should give it a go!

    ReplyDelete