Wednesday 3 April 2013

Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is The Elite by Kiera Cass.  Here's the synopsis:



Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, she is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

So, the only reason I haven't featured this book before now is quite simply because I THOUGHT I ALREADY HAD.  I am desperate with a capital D to read this book because I loved The Selection like woah.  Enough to re-read it recently in anticipation for The Elite I've been checking Netgalley EVERY DAY to see if it's up there but alas, it is not as of yet.  I pre-ordered the book a million years ago and so it's not about getting a free book (it never is), I just want to read it NOW.  23rd April cannot come soon enough!  

The Elite is published on 23rd April, 2013.

6 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward a lot to this as well-I was surprised by how much I liked The Selection and I want to know what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I always knew I would love The Selection although I have to admit that my confidence was knocked when I read some mixed reviews. I needn't have worried though as I loved it and I can't wait to read The Elite!

      Delete
  2. I didn't enjoy The Selection as much as I was hoping I would-I hope you enjoy this one though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no *sad face* I'm wondering if you will read The Elite then. I've heard reports that it's even better than the first book.

      Delete
  3. I'm really looking forward to this as well - The Selection totally surprised me.

    ReplyDelete