Sunday 28 October 2012

Letterbox Love (#26)


As always, Letterbox Love is a weekly feature that I'm hosting on the blog and basically, the idea came out of a discussion with other UK book bloggers about the need to do a weekly meme with more of a British feel to it. Therefore, Letterbox Love was born and the logo was lovingly designed by Dark Readers. Letterbox Love is a way for us to share the books that come through our letterbox, galleys and e books (through our electronic letterbox) and any other bookish goodies that we want to tell you about. Letterbox Love is intended to showcase upcoming books and build up some excitement for them as well as let you know what is available out there. It is not about competing with other bloggers or boasting of any kind (c'mon, we're British and we don't do drama!)

Unfortunately, there's no photographs this week as it would take too long.  Just to give you a picture of what's going on here - we've just had my boyfriend's parents here this weekend, I've been to work today (Sunday) and got home at 9pm and tomorrow I have to work a 14 hour shift so yeah...Also, I cannot even GET to where my books are right now so that doesn't help either.  Rather than NOT do Letterbox Love this week, I thought I'd give you a list without the pics.

Review Books

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick
I have to admit that I am behind with this series and didn't read past the second book as I got a little sick of Nora.  I do still plan on reading it though although I'm not sure when at this point.  Still loving the covers and this is possibly my favourite so far. 

Darklands: A Deadtown Novel by Nancy Holzner
I'm thoroughly confused why I've been sent this book which is a mid series book of an author and series I've never heard of and in fact, I haven't heard of the publisher either and have no idea how they got my address.  It's all a little weird to be honest and I don't plan on reading it because there's another 4-5 books in front of this one!  If you're a massive fan of this series and want this book, let me know.

It's possible I got more books but worryingly, I cannot even find the ones above let alone any others at the moment.

Thank you publishers!


Books Bought

How Not to Write a Novel by Howard Mittelmark and Sandra Newman
Rather than the masses of writing books out there, I think I will probably get more out of this one which is a what NOT to do.  I'll give it a go anyway and if nothing else, I have a feeling it will be entertaining.

The Twisted Tragedy of Miss Natalie Stewart by Leanna Renee Hieber
I really enjoyed Darker Still and so NATURALLY I had to get the sequel which continues the story.  I'm looking forward to this one and might read it over Halloween actually as it has a bit of the creep factor to it.

E-Books

Vanish by Sophie Jordan (Bought)
This is a series I haven't actually started yet but this was 99p and I couldn't resist.

Tempting the Player by J. Lynn (Bought)
I LOVE anything that's written by Jennifer L. Armentrout who of course is behind "J. Lynn".  I thoroughly enjoyed Tempting the Best Man and this is a companion novel featuring another one of the Gamble brothers.  Sadly, I've not been able to access this yet as apparently I need to update my kindle software.  I've not seen this message before but I'm going to try and fix it when I can.

This is a slow week for me books wise but I'm glad as like I said, I cannot find anything at the moment and I'm not liking it.  Next week will be different FOR SURE.   As always, please leave your links and I hope you had a great week :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting Finale. I'm not sure I like Nora but Patch keeps me going.

    My haul. Letterbox Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also got Finale this week (in fact is the only book I got this week *sadface*) and I have just started it. Not sure how much I'm going to like it but I'm giving it a shot!

    My Letterbox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I might read some reviews first. I know I'm going to read it eventually though.

      Delete