Wednesday 23 November 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Starters by Lissa Price. Here's the synopsis:

"The first in a futuristic thriller series featuring a society where youth is coveted at an impossible price, and one girl's ability to bring it all crumbling down."

I realise there is not a great deal of information to go on but I remember hearing about this book at the Random House bloggers meeting. Lissa Price is a screenwriter and if I remember rightly this is something to do with hiring out your body to others but don't quote me on that. Anyway, will you look at that gorgeous cover? I love the dystopian genre and I can't wait to read this!

Starters is published on 13th March, 2012 in the US and 5th April, 2012 in the UK.

1 comment:

  1. Yes - it was about hiring young bodies out to the older generation. Only someone does something nasty with one of the bodies.
    Has the cover finally been decided? It still looks fantastic. Can't wait for this.

    ReplyDelete