Wednesday 30 June 2010

Author/Book News

So I decided to write a post about recent author/book news as I've been hearing tidbits on the internet about various things and thought I should share the info...

First up is news from Kimberly Derting, author of The Body Finder. The Sequel entitled Desires of the Dead has a cover and boy is it pretty! Like The Body Finder cover art, it has a similar design only this time it's pink and I think it's gorgeous! Desires of the Dead is officially released on 15th March, 2011 and it's so on the wishlist already! Look out for a review of The Body Finder some time soon.

Speaking of covers, the sequel to The Dark Divine by Bree Despain is called The Lost Saint and the cover will officially be released on July 20th, presumably on Bree's blog. The Lost Saint is officially released on 28th December, 2010 so make sure you save a bit of your christmas money for that! It's been added to my wishlist.

Sarah Rees Brennan has a THIRD demon book coming out next year (possibly May time) but that's all the details I have on that for the moment. This is on the wishlist too!

Have you read Swoon by Nina Malkin? I have had this book for so long but still haven't read it yet due to the ever growing TBR pile. If you liked it then you'll be pleased to know that a sequel is coming soon but no further details at the moment. Added to wishlist!

How about If I Stay by Gayle Forman? ANOTHER book that's in the TBR pile but I haven't got round to reading yet *sigh*. I've just heard that Gayle has recently finished writing the sequel entitled Where She Went. Wishlist!

Now, a lot of you know that one of my favourite author's is Maggie Stiefvater and Shiver holds a very dear place in my heart. Have you checked out the Shiver micro site that has just been put up by Maggie? Click here to check it out. You can find out about the series and I'm sure that news will be posted there as soon as it becomes available. I'm especially looking forward to seeing what the cover will look like for the third and final book in the series entitled Forever. DEFINITELY on the wishlist.


I also have some very exciting news about the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. The rights have been optioned for film which means we could see a movie in the near future! Am beside myself with excitement over this!! If you want to read the full article about it then click here . I've only read and reviewed the first book although I have more of the books. I really want to start reading them and find out what happens soon!

I absolutely love Fallen by Lauren Kate and am about to post my review of this soon. The UK trailer has officially been released so check it out.



Torment is the sequel to Fallen and comes out in September, 2010. I was lucky to get an ARC of this which I will be reading soon. I won't post my review until September though. If you can't wait until September however and absolutely MUST sneak a peak, then go the Fallen facebook page to read the first 18 pages. Also, check out the trailer below.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I almost forgot, I'm having my very first giveaway: http://kateevangelistarandr.blogspot.com/2010/06/eclipse-soundtrack-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love posts like this - this one is so informative and reminds me of all the books I'm trying to keep track of! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Splendibird - I never think of writing posts like this but perhaps I will in the future :)

    Kate - I have to wait to post my review in line with what the publishers want as they're the ones who gave me the ARC. I think they just don't want it being spoiled for everyone?

    ReplyDelete