Monday 25 February 2013

Letterbox Love (#42)

As always, Letterbox Love is a weekly feature that I'm hosting on the blog and basically, the idea came out of a discussion with other UK book bloggers about the need to do a weekly meme with more of a British feel to it. Therefore, Letterbox Love was born and the logo was lovingly designed by Dark Readers. Letterbox Love is a way for us to share the books that come through our letterbox, galleys and e books (through our electronic letterbox) and any other bookish goodies that we want to tell you about. Letterbox Love is intended to showcase upcoming books and build up some excitement for them as well as let you know what is available out there. It is not about competing with other bloggers or boasting of any kind (c'mon, we're British and we don't do drama!)

Review Books


Between the Lines by Tammara Webber
This is the first in a New Adult series from Tammara Webber, the author that gave us Easy (an amazing read).  I'm looking forward to seeing what she comes up with next and if it's as good as Easy ;)

Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan
This is the second book in a series I still haven't started yet but I must remedy that! Rebecca was of course originally self published before her books got picked up by a major publisher.   In fact, Tammara Webber was too actually. 

Thank You Publishers!!! 

Books Bought

I did buy a cookbook this week entitled Honestly Healthy and besides advocating healthy eating, it's supposed to balance out acid and alkaline foods.  It sounded great and people have lost weight using the book but...I hated all the recipes so it's going back.
 
Ebooks

Misguided heart by Amanda Bennett (Bought)
This has got to be one of the most risque covers I've seen and who can resist a guy with a nice bum?!  I love the sound of this book and I think/hope it will be a good read.
 
Hustle Me by Jennifer Foor (Bought)
It sounds like this book has the ultimate bad boy character and more than that, he's actually an arse.  I'm wondering if there's more to him than that and how it will all play out.


The Party by Katie Ashley (Bought)
I loved The Proposition and The Proposal so naturally, I had to get this.  Bear in mind that this book is actually available free on Smashwords but I bought it because I know that Katie is donating the Amazon proceeds to charity. 


Little White Lies by Erin Lawless (Bought)
This is a BRITISH New Adult book which is the main reason I wanted it.  I love the idea that it's set around a wedding and features a group of people that went to university together so it's more like a reunion.  There's tons of material to work with there and I'm looking forward to reading the book. 

Demon at my Door by Michelle A. Valentine (Bought)
This is a New Adult from one of my authors to watch.  I loved Rock the Heart and from reading the synopsis, I knew I would love this too.  I reviewed this last week if you're interested. 


The Pledge by Kimberly Derting (Bought) 
This is one of my favourite YA books and whilst I have the hardback, it was on sale for Kindle and so I thought I would get it.  An amazing book at an amazing price, basically.


The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance by Trish Telep (Bought)
I've seen this book before in paperback but at 99p for Kindle, you can't really go wrong and I am a SUCKER for a time travel romance story. 

The Sibylline Oracle by Delia Colvin (Bought)
This book has been described as deeply romantic and I'm immediately intrigued as to whether that's true and if it's cheesy or not.  This is the first in the series.

The Submission of Alistair Ingram by Kelli Maine (Bought)
This novel was originally serialised on the Dolls and Doms website and I've been reading it every week since it started.  I bought the book because I want to know how it ends!!!  

The Deepest Cut by J. A. Templeton (Bought)
This is a mature YA book about an American girl who moves to Scotland and falls in love with a ghost. SOLD. 

I'll Be Here by Autumn Doughton (Free)
I quite like the sound of this but I'm really not sure about a main character called Dustin.  I'll try to keep an open mind though.

The Torn Wing by Kiki Hamilton (Free)
What's weird about this book is that the first is not available for kindle in the UK and now the second book is free for a limited time.  This doesn't make any sense and it seems to me like someone has messed up the marketing there BIG TIME.  Thank fully, I do have a paper copy of the first book which I haven't read yet.  I'd still like the kindle version of course.


Heroes or Greek Fairy Tales for my Children by Charles Kingsley (Free)
I got this for research purposes and I shall say no more about that!

The Mystic Wolves by Belinda Boring (Free)
I keep hearing good things about Belinda's books and whilst I'm not sure if I want to read another book about wolves, it was free so I might just give this a go. 

The Eternity Cure by Julia Kagawa (For Review)
This is of course the sequel to The Immortal Rules (an epic book that I LOVED) and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next. I'm also a little scared of course, this is Julia Kagawa we're talking about and I know she likes to kill off her characters!

Strangelets by Michelle Gagnon (For Review)
I've had my eye on this book for a while actually and so I was thrilled to find it on Netgalley.  It's a bit of a mystery and I'm officially intrigued. 

I didn't do so well on the ebooks this week but never mind! At least they're not taking up valuable shelf space!  I hope you had a great week for books and apologies for being a day late with this post but I was working.  As always, please share your links below.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't really heard of any of these books, but I hope you enjoy them!

    You can see my Letterbox love post here: The Book Bundle

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is the point of doing these posts right? To introduce new books to people :D

      Delete