Wednesday 10 August 2011

Waiting on Wednesday


So you may have noticed that it's a little quiet on the blog at the moment and this is simply because it's been quite stressful in my personal life at the moment. Reviews are coming though! But as always, I don't miss out on "Waiting On Wednesday" which is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. Here's the synopsis:

"Lauren Oliver captivated readers with Delirium, the first book in a thrilling dystopian trilogy in which Lena Haloway dared to fall in love with Alex and escape the cure, the government-mandated procedure that renders a person immune to the disease of love. Lena and Alex staked their lives on leaving their oppressive society, but only Lena broke free.

Pandemonium continues Lena’s gripping story. After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again.

Full of danger, forbidden romance, and exquisite writing, Lauren Oliver’s sequel to Delirium races forward at a breathtaking pace and is sure to appeal to fans who crave the high-stakes action of The Hunger Games and the bittersweet love story of Romeo & Juliet."

So I'm sure I don't need to tell you just HOW MUCH a) I want to read this b) I hope that Alex is okay and c) Lena and Alex find their way back to each other somehow. After the cliffhanger we were left with in Delirium, I've been desperate to continue reading Lena's story and I wait with baited breath! Pandemonium is a very special book to me because I won a contest with my suggestion for the book title and I just hope that it's as good as, if not better than Delirium. I have every faith that Lauren will deliver but we'll have to wait until 6th March, 2012 when the book is released to find out what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment