Wednesday 17 November 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Starstruck by Cyn Balog. Here is the Goodreads description:

"When Gwendolyn “Dough” Reilly’s boyfriend and best friend Wish moves away in seventh grade, the only consolation she can find is in her family bakery’s donuts. Now, it’s sophomore year, and Wish is coming back. But in only three years, they’ve both changed—drastically. She’s seriously overweight, and suddenly Wish is the most popular guy in school, and girls everywhere want him. Dough has doubts that appearances don’t matter and that Wish can love her as she is, so she launches into a plan designed to keep them together. That is, until she discovers that Wish’s gorgeous looks and charm might not be all they appear to be."

OK, as always lets talk cover love. This one reminds me of Christmas baubles and as someone who LOVES Christmas (really, I'm just a big kid) then of course I love this cover! And it sounds like the book is set around a bakery. Already I'm in love. But what I'm most interested in, is the relationship between the two main characters and how it's changed in the course of three years. Now, the grl is overweight (I don't blame her, I mean she works in a yummy bakery for goodness sake) and the guy is super hot and popular. I'm loving this dynamic and of course I'm wishing for a happy ending. I've got to wait until July, 2011 to find out. ARGH!

What are you waiting on?

3 comments:

  1. Do you feel like singing "Starstruck" by Lady Gaga? No? Just me? Okay. I actually hadn't heard of this one, but now I'm intrigued. I love a good bigger girl/ popular guy story (Hence why my favorite musical is Hairspray), so this will probably go on my GoodReads list. I'm happily waiting on ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, POSSESSION, and BUMPED. All Dystopian, so till then I'm reading a Jodi Piccoult novel and waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds lovely! I'm also digging that cover big time. Want!

    ReplyDelete