Tuesday 14 September 2010

Happy Roald Dahl Day

So I've been in London all day and hadn't had a chance to write this post. Roald Dahl Day takes place every year on 13th September, which just so happens to be his birthday. It's a day to celebrate the man who gave us classic stories like: The Witches, The BFG, Matilda, James and the Giant Peach, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, George's Marvellous Medicine, The Twits, Boy, Going Solo and many more.

The reason I'm writing this post is because Roald Dahl had a HUGE effect on me as a child reader. I ADORED his books and owned and read all of them. I'll bet if I go through the masses of boxes I have in my soon-to-be-sorted-out office, I'd probably find most of them. All apart from George's Marvellous Medicine that I let my cousins borrow when we were kids and they never returned it *glares at Paul and Gareth*. Anyway, the point is that I loved all of Roald Dahl's stories and they really made me fall in love with books and reading. So I just want to say thank you to Roald because I wouldn't be the reader I am today without you. Whilst I know he will never read this (he sadly died in 1990), I hope he knows what an inspiration he was and continues to be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment